PLAN International is hiring a Translator based in Inhambane.
“What” is done and “why”, but not “how”; include indicators for success
- Receive and do 100% quality checks for all sponsorship documents;
- Translate, analyze, prepare the list of all letters and send to National Offices before the close of the month;
- Ensure all letters are content appropriate and translate a good dialogue between the sponsors and the child;
- Process cancellations and replacement in the corporate system within days after receiving the request;
- Making follow-ups on the letters that have been asked for by NOs and ensure they meet the new business rules standards;
- Keep all copies of letters sent to National office in child’s profile (back up);
- Prepare monthly report on the problems identified in the letters per number received/community and send to Sponsorship Coordinator;
- Process WGCs, SCRs and ECO in corporate systems after quality checks and other corporate requirements as per the sponsorship book;
- Ensure by proper follow up that 100% WGCs, SCRs and SCU are sent to sponsors with the time frame of the new business rule;
- Filing and maintaining of SC folders as per sponsorship standards;
- Promotes and abide by Plan policies and procedures including but not limited to: Gender equality mainstreaming, Child Protection Policy, Code of conduct and related mandatory reporting responsibilities;
- Ensuring that all incoming letters are passed on to the field for action two days after receive;
- Make weekly and monthly plans and share with the coordinator;
- Translate all other documents required in the department;
- Liaise with all CDFs on communication quality.
Dealing with Problems:
Complexity of problems handled & the degree of investigation, analysis, & creative thinking required to solve them.
During quality checks, instant decisions have to be made especially when analysing communications that do not meet the required quality standards.
Communications and Working Relationships:
Working contacts inside and outside the organization; include the purpose and level (high, medium, low) of the contact
- Communications is very vital and this position maintains a daily contact with Sponsorship Coordinator and Community Development Facilitators in order to achieve desired targets
- An effective working relationship with other functional networks within the PU and with the Sponsorship Manager at the country office for technical back up is necessary.
Knowledge, Skills, Behaviors, and Experience Required to Achieve Role’s Objectives:
Gained through education, training, & experience
- Degree in English and communication or Translation and Interpretation.
- Proven experience as a team player;
- 4 years of experience in translation;
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office computer programs including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good report writing skills
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical and evaluative skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrates collaboration skills
- Ability to work autonomously
- Familiarity and interest in child Rights and Gender Equality,
- Ability to develop and maintain strong and positive interpersonal relationships,
- Able to work according to set work plans and to meet deadlines.
- Integrity – acts with honesty, diligence and responsibility and professionalism.
Physical Environment and Demands:
May be “typical office environment”; note if heavy lifting, climbing, excess travel, etc.
- This position entails much office work.
Level of Contact with Children:
Low contact : No contact or very low frequency of interaction
Mid contact : Occasional interaction with children
High level : Frequent interaction with children
Please attach an organization chart of your department.
How to Aplly