The Action Contre La Faim (ACF) Mozambique team is recruiting a Finance Head of Department for its coordination office in Pemba.
To ensure sound and transparent administration of funds by providing accounting and financial management consistent with the ACF financial management framework and local legislation.
Mission 1: Contribute to the definition of mission strategy
- Creating the budgetary framework of the mission;
- Making financial and budgetary information available to other departments to facilitate the establishment of the country strategy;
- Producing high quality and timely financial and budgetary contributions to “proposals” and reports for funding bodies.
Mission 2: Ensure high quality accounting for the mission
- Disseminating information about accounting procedures throughout the mission and ensuring they are observed;
- The correctness of accounting and analytical entries;
- Timely forwarding of the monthly accounting bundle;
- Verifications of cash stocks and bank accounts according to ACF regulations.
Mission 3: Ensure high quality cash management for the mission
- Designing, promulgating and ensuring compliance with cash management procedures across the mission;
- The availability and safe keeping of the necessary cash;
- Adapting methods for cash transfer in the light of local conditions and security considerations;
- Monitoring the correspondence between cash forecast and the BFU;
- Anticipating treasury risks and resolving difficulties.
Mission 4: Provide financial and budgetary management
- Promulgation of and compliance with the financial rules of funding bodies;
- Establishing the annual budget;
- Leadership in budgetary matters at mission level and steering the process of budget forecasting;
- Cost analysis and issuing budgetary alerts when necessary;
- Monitoring financial risks and issuing alerts when necessary;
- Providing the necessary materials for negotiations with funding bodies and producing documents to funding bodies.
Mission 5: Promote and ensure financial collaboration and coordination with mission partners
- Participating in the process of selecting partners and validating the financial risk analysis provided by the bases;
- Defining with partners the modes of financial and budgetary management in the framework of joint projects;
- Validating the financial and budgetary aspects of partnership conventions and agreements;
- Taking full advantage at mission level of all innovative practices in the field of financial and budgetary management in partnerships,
Mission 6: Prevent and manage fraud and corruption
- Identifying risks of fraud and corruption in his/her field of competence and setting up preventive and monitoring mechanisms;
- Making his/her team aware of the risks of fraud and corruption;
- Alerting the Country Director to cases of fraud and corruption and undertaking corrective action;
- Putting in place and monitoring recommendations arising from the day-to-day control and audit.
Mission 7: Manage the Finance team in capital and be Technical/Support Manager of Finance Managers in the bases
- The day-to-day management of his/her team (guidance, follow-up, motivation…);
- Evaluating the performance and developing the skills of his/her team members;
- Management of the teams for which s/he is support/technical Manager.
- You hold a bachelor’s degree or higher in Finance and/or Business administration or another related field. Master in Finance or similar is an asset;
- You have a practical experience in financial management, coordination and accountancy;
- You have proven ability in translating analysis and evaluation into operational planning and strategic decision-making. You are known for your excellent team management skills, good listener and your high communication skills;
- Minimum 3-years’ experience in financial management coordination;
- English is mandatory, Portuguese/Spanish/Italian is an asset.
- Duration: 6 month contract minimum
- Salary: Based on the Action contre la Faim Mozambique Salary Grid: 205.000-220.000 MZN/Month
- Benefits: Medical Insurance, 13th month, Work Accident Insurance, 2 days of paid leaves per month, internal and external training.
How to Apply