Mozal SA is a benchmark for mega-projects in developing countries. Mozal’s vision is to be a leading low-cost primary aluminium smelter and the employer of choice.
At Mozal, we recognise that our people are the foundation of our business and the key ingredient for our success. We are clear that to prosper, we must work through people who share our vision and our values.
The purpose of this role is to perform a span of control by leading a team in the analysis, benchmarking and internal audit of Maintenance function’s end- to- end performance and coordinate the identification and implementation of improvement initiatives that enables functional excellence and support business priorities for continuous improvement.
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, you will be responsible to:
- Leads, coaches and mentors team members to ensure delivery against performance targets.
- Leads and manages end-to-end detailed analysis of work processes, master data, and organisation design to identify inefficiencies in the execution of work, diagnose functional and cross-functional business problems and to identify improvement opportunities, supports the identification of functional capability gaps.
- Leads the preparation of the Maintenance budget and the review of the results of execution from the current weekly work schedule to support and ensure compliance of preventative work.
- Provides leadership with regards to the development and improvement of maintenance strategies.
- Monitors statutory/legislative compliance of relevant equipment to standards that are developed and governed by the Engineering Function.
- Supports functional capability gaps and manages required actions to address them in order to enable functional excellence.
- Provides direction to the Specialist Analysis & Improvement to develop the training curriculum for the Maintenance function.
- Develops capability of Specialist Analysis & Improvement to investigate reported events which meet the Business/Asset-defined risk.
Serious contenders will have a Technical Degree, be an Expert/Professional that has guided, developed and influenced practice in the Maintenance / Analysis & Improvement area and with a minimum experience of between 4 and 6 years were at least 2 in a leadership role. Require detailed knowledge of theories and practices related to operating and maintaining operational equipment and substantial knowledge of other functions.
Please apply online via www.south32.net and use reference 6471 applications must include cover letter and CV (max 3 pages) with copies of certificates, identity documents, Police Clearance and a written reference.
Applications close 10th April 2022.
Mozal, your employer of choice!