The GAIN is hiring a Administrative Driver – Cabo Delgado.
The Administrative Driver will be responsible for providing transportation services to GAIN staff and visitors within Cabo Delgado province and to field sites and other places as required. The person will also be responsible for providing administrative and general support to Gain’s office in Cabo Delgado and will report to the Office Manager
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Act as the office driver for official staff travel within Cabo Delgado and occasionally to outside districts as required;
- Drive whilst following the road safety regulations at all times and keep up to date on driving regulations and follow changes that occur;
- File vehicle log books and submit them to the Office Manager;
- Update logbooks and maintain clear-cut records of the vehicle movements, obtain signatures from the relevant users and indicate the purpose for which the vehicle was used;
- Maintain awareness of current road conditions adjusting routes as necessary to avoid delays;
- Ensure vehicles have necessary materials such as umbrellas, first aid box, map, fire extinguishers;
- Monitor the routine travel requests made by GAIN staff ensuring compliance to GAIN’s travel policies and procedures Dispatch of goods and materials to various projects offices to facilitate program delivery without any reports of loss or destruction of items.
Vehicle Maintenance and Management
- Arrange for vehicle care and maintenance;
- Regularly clean the vehicle and perform routine checks to ensure it has proper working tools on a daily basis (i.e. oil change, tire rotation, cleaning, etc.);
- On a daily basis, monitor the vehicle condition, repair needs and travel logbooks, and perform checks on a daily basis before operating the vehicle. Notify the Office Manager of any technical problems that exist in the assigned vehicle;
- Refuel vehicle using an approved fuel voucher and record this on the vehicle log sheet timeously;
- Ensure that the vehicle is roadworthy, insured, and meets the official requirements and documentation of the Mozambique Authority;
- To report immediately to the Office Manager all accidents or issues GAIN vehicles.
- As guided by the Office Manager, provide support to the office administrative functions, which include undertaking messenger tasks, clerical duties, purchasing office supplies, paying bills, photocopying, banking duties, and following up visa matters with the relevant clients/ministries;
- Assist in sourcing for quotations towards the procurement of goods and materials for program delivery as per corporate procedures to ensure value for money is obtained;
- Assist the Office Manager with maintenance related issues;
- Assist in purchasing, arranging and packing stock of the office supplies and other consumables;
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time to support the attainment of organizational goals;
- Work under the general supervision of the Office Manager and in close coordination with Other Project Manager.
- Demonstrated successful experience in a similar role with relevant experience in driving vehicles in other international organizations;
- Proven track record of safely driving vehicles and experience in general office administration duties such as, bank runs, supporting with procurement activity , etc.;
- Demonstrate wide knowledge of the road network in the region.
- High School Certificate.
- A good track record of safely driving vehicles and experience in general office administration duties such as, banking, etc.;
- A thorough understanding of international organization rules and regulations for safe driving;
- Excellent driving skills;
- Good communication skills in English (verbal and written), preferred;
- Computer skills that include the use of MS Office packages;
- Basic mechanical skill preferred;
- Display a good behavior, excellent manners and helping attitude;
- High sense of responsibility, courtesy, and the ability to work with people from different nationalities
and cultural backgrounds;
- A valid Diving license.
- Training in minor vehicle repairs;
- A valid class B driving license;
- Advanced or Ordinary level certificate;
- Ability to speak any other languages including Portuguese is an added advantage;
- Work experience in an NGO environment will be an added advantage.
How to Apply
The interested candidate should apply using the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This advert closes on 4th April 2022. Early applications are encouraged. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis and GAIN reserves the right to close this advert early should we receive suitable candidates ahead of the closing date.