IOM is seeking a National Programme Officer based in Maputo. (Reference No. : SVN/MZ10/2022/010)
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Be part of the project management team for project implementation, monitoring and evaluation, and reporting;
- Act as the liaison focal point with the Government at central level for IOM’s IBM/CEP Programme in Mozambique;
- Establish and maintain workplans for all projects, track deliverables and escalate delays or other issues to the Programme Manager; Hold regular meetings with Project Officers to ensure projects are on track and attend relevant meetings both internally and externally to the project;
- Directly manage teams responsible for project implementation. Conduct performance reviews and escalate staff management issues, as necessary, to the Programme Manager and Human Resources;
- Liaise with finance, logistics and procurement to ensure all procurement and payments are undertaken in a timely manner;
- Coordinate with M&E and other project staff to ensure data and other information is collected and analyzed, feeding into the M&E platform, and project evaluations are undertaken. Prepare and present with the guidance of the PM and at the request of the PM, data related to the project to Government, donor and partners as required;
- Ensure donor reports are prepared and submitted to donors on time;
- Establish and maintain partnerships at appropriate levels with government entities, local authorities, implementing partners and other stakeholders as relevant to the projects and activities of the thematic areas;
- Support coordination of activities between the project partners, implementing agencies and beneficiaries for timely and smooth implementation of the projects;
- Support the Program Manager and other core management staff to understand the Mozambican context and advise them accordingly;
- Participate in relevant Government coordination platforms, relevant to IBM/CEP, as appropriate and in close coordination with the National Liaison Officer;
- Participate in IOM’s visibility and communication efforts in relation to the implementation of the Programme;
- Ensure regular coordination with other IOM activities and complementarity and synergies among all project activities, including, but not limited to, trainings, workshops, study tours, and awareness-raising and information campaigns to achieve the overall objectives of the projects;
- Participate and represent IOM in appropriate coordination and operational inter-agency meeting at national levels;
- Undertake travel and perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s degree in Development, Political or Social Sciences, Law, International Relations, or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or
- University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience in Project Management or implementing IBM/CEP, community;
engagement and resilience, transition, or stabilization activities in conflict affected areas;
- Experience in liaising with governmental authorities as well as with national and international institutions;
- Knowledge of social development issues as well as general migration related issues in the country and the region;
- Familiarity with project and resource management;
- Understanding of how to apply risk management and conflict sensitivity in insecure, conflict-affected areas;
- Knowledge of IBM/CEP Programs is an advantage;
- Knowledge of the region is an advantage.
- Fluency in English and Portuguese is required.
Managerial Competencies – behavioral indicators Level 2
- Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example, and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
- Empowering others & building trust creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential;
- Strategic thinking and vision: work strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications in ENGLISH, with:
- Cover letter, clearly specify suitability and availability date;
- Detailed curriculum vitae, including skype user ID, phone number, historical salary and minimum three referees (preferably former direct supervisors).
Please submit your application by email to email@example.com, indicating your name and the reference code above [Name, SVN/MZ10/2022/010 National Programme Officer] as subject. The deadline for applications is 25 March 2022.