PRI is hiring a Mechanical Engineering Technician.
Mechanical Engineering Technician – mechanical engineering technicians entail various functions to keep mechanical systems running effectively.
- This position reports directly to MD Managing Director.
- Familiarity in operating, fault investigation and repairs of PLC controlled electromechanical grain silo system with SIEMENS SIMATIC S7-300 and SCHNEIDER Modicon M340;
- Train a team for routine preventive maintenance;
- Bring experience to implement cost-effective modifications in equipment/process design to enhance productivity and safety;
- Direct and supervise mechanics and electricians to replace / repair equipment;
- Prepare and maintain inventory of spares and consumables;
- Provide technical solutions to electrical and mechanical problems found in a variety of equipment including heavy lift cranes, forklifts, batch weighment systems, weighbridges;
- Ensure compliance with health/safety procedures and regulations;
- Implement quality control systems useful in evaluating and testing mechanical processes/product for consistency;
- Development of prudent mechanical maintenance practices with the aim of facilitating the performance of all activities in the most economical way.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering preferably from a reputable university;
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in a similar role, preferably in construction or manufacturing or bulk handling industry. Experience in Africa and Portuguese are advantages;
- Proficiency in planning, deploying resources, preparing weekly and monthly reports for management and familiarity with EXCEL is a must;
- Fluency English (spoken and written), willingness and ability to learn Portuguese;
- Ability to guide and train junior team;
- Proven, self-motivated problem solver with time management skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and excellent listening skills.
How to Apply