The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is hiring a Information Management Officer (National Consultant).
The Resident Coordinator Office constitutes the primary support structure to the Resident Coordinator, the UNCT and the Humanitarian Country Team (HCT). The office assists the UNCT in strategic and operational decision making and oversight function, by preparing and following up agreements. It adds support and advice to key UN prioritized joint activities, especially on resource mobilization and common advocacy issues. The office also facilitates common communication and monitoring activities through related joint working groups. Led by the RC, the RCO supports the UN coherent effort and a coordinated UN response to Mozambique’s humanitarian development-peace priorities, with a particular attention to the situation unfolding in Cabo Delgado and the response to natural crises. It liaises directly with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to ensure alignment with national priorities and constructive cooperation while reinforcing the development effectiveness capacities of the Government. It serves as the Head of the Secretariat of the Development Partners Platform (DPC) and takes an active role in all the structured dialogues between partners and the government.
Over the last few years RCO team has been providing the support and strategic advice to the structures described above guided by the six critical working areas and the Standard Operational Procedures (SOPs) for the Delivering as One. This post will provide substantive support for the development and implementation of UN Country Team (UNCT) data and research strategies, assist in the development and expansion of strategic research and data partnerships, undertake monitoring and reporting of UNCT results and supports knowledge management and capacity development activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the overall responsibility of the RCO Team Leader, the consultant will lead UN engagement and position UN contributions in the following:
- Advise the RCO and the technical team on matters related to data management included in the CF;
- Prepare data tables, info graphics, presentations, translations and contribute to planning and monitoring reports;
- Support the coordination for the drafting of UN system-wide annual reports;
- Provide support to the application of the UN system-wide scorecards, including Gender and Disability;
- Participate in coordination meetings to identify information needs and provide technical support;
- Provide helpdesk support for UN agencies in the country to input information in UNINFO, DCP tracker and other platforms as needed;
- Manage the RCO’s file storage system;
- Maintain the contacts database and distribution lists;
- Ensure appropriate dissemination of meeting minutes, assessment reports and other information products to relevant partners.
Integrity and Inclusion
- Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same.
Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion.
- Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first.
- Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal;
- Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas;
- Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them;
- Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries.
- Open to change and flexible in a fast-paced environment;
- Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements;
- Reflects on experiences and modifies own behavior;
- Performance is consistent, even under pressure;
- Always pursues continuous improvements.
- Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise, and open manner;
- Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others;
- Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge;
- Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.
Required Skills and Experience
- Only current mozambican nationals available for employment in Mozambique and throughout various locations in Mozambique, are eligible to apply for this positions. All other applicants will not be considered.
Min. Education Requirement:
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) preferably in political science, international relations, or another relevant field is desirable.
- At least 3 years of professional work experience in data, statistics or financial reports, or other relevant programmes;
- Experience with the UN is an asset;
- Experience in UN coordination is an asset;
- Experience of work effectively in a multicultural team of international and national personnel.
- Excellent drafting, formulation, reporting skills;
- Excellent oral and written skills;
- Solid overall computer literacy, including proficiency in various MS Office applications (Excel, Word, etc.) and email/internet;
- Familiarity with database management; and office technology equipment.
- Fluency in oral and written English and Portuguese is required.
All Applicants MUST complete and attach the UNDP Personal History-P-11 Form (found here) to their applications in the vacancy site. Submission of personal resume or Curriculum Vitae (CV) will not be acceptable and candidates who fail to attach the above required P-11 form will not be considered.
How to Apply
Send your resumes to: https://bit.ly/3IksnSF
Application Deadline: 25/03/2022
The post Information Management Officer (National Consultant) appeared first on MaisJobs Mozambique.