The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition is seeking a dynamic Senior Assistant, Dashboard to support the M&E Senior Associate in providing technical supporting the project implementation. This position will be based in Maputo, Mozambique.
The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) is a Swiss-based foundation launched at the UN in 2002 to tackle the human suffering caused by malnutrition. Working with both governments and businesses, we aim to transform food systems so that they deliver more nutritious food for all people. In particular, we aim to make healthier food choices more desirable, more available, and more affordable. GAIN’s mission is to advance nutrition outcomes by improving consumption of nutritious and safe food for all people, especially the most vulnerable to malnutrition.
About the Role
The purpose of the Senior Assistant, Dashboard is responsible for data collection, data cleaning and analyses ensuring that the agreed objectives and aims are achieved. They will also support evaluation activities and knowledge management initiatives. The role holder shall also support reporting for GAIN performance and donor reporting
This position will report to the M&E Senior Associate
Specific Responsibilities include;
- Supporting to extract provincial and city level data from reports and analyses’ results and the description of the food system dashboard in each province, municipality and national level;
- Supporting the implementation of Mozambique Subnational Food Systems Dashboard (MSFSD) Action Plan, and advocacy materials;
- Facilitating interaction between project managers and consultants to coordinate evaluation activities, timelines, travel and identification of partners;
- Providing support to the preparation and dissemination of knowledge and learning products;
- Providing support to review and interpret monitoring data as part of preparation for GAIN’s performance and donor reports.
- The ideal candidate should have demonstrated work experience in foods systems and working with government at municipal, provincial and national levels;
- Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet software, internet and web analytical tools is key;
- It is essential that you can interpret and translate research findings for practical application in the program;
- Experience in writing analytical and technical reports and communicate effectively to a diverse audience .
About our Offer
The starting salary on offer for this role is USD 15,659 per annum, depending on experience.
GAIN has a fair and competitive salary structure that allows for annual progression subject to good performance. In addition, GAIN offers a total of 37 days holiday per year (including annual leave, public holidays and additional office closure days), an attractive pension scheme and competitive insurance cover including health, travel and life assurance.
We are committed to the health of our staff, especially in these challenging times, and have developed a programme of wellbeing that includes flexible working, additional leave allowances, wellbeing days, mindfulness coaching and access to independent and confidential counselling.
GAIN also has a strong commitment to professional development. We will support you to grow in your career through both formal and informal training, and are committed to providing opportunities through internal recruitment, secondments and promotion. All of this is delivered in a supportive and collaborative environment.
How to Apply
For more detailed information please see the attached job description. To apply, follow the “Apply Now” link.
This advert closes on 22nd March 2022. Early applications are encouraged. GAIN reserves the right to close this advert early should we receive suitable candidates ahead of the closing date.
Applicants must have the existing right to live and work in Mozambique. Please note that GAIN are currently unable to sponsor working visas.
The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition is committed to equality of opportunity and creating an inclusive environment where diversity is valued. We are keen to reflect the diversity of our society at every level within our organisation and therefore welcome applications from talented and committed people from all backgrounds, representing the diverse societies we operate in.
22 March 2022