The Association Coginta (COGINTA) is hiring a Logistician.
The Association Coginta (COGINTA) in view of implementing the Project “Assistance Measure under the European Peace Facility to support military units trained by the EU Training Mission in Mozambique (ASMOZ)” – financed by the European Union, is recruiting a Logistician. This is a full-time position, based in Maputo (Mozambique) for 12 months renewable. The expected starting date is May 2022.
COGINTA is a non-governmental, apolitical, areligious and recognized of public utility organization, specialized in judicial and security governance, social cohesion, conflict management and prevention, resilience and community development. COGINTA’s objective is to support host governments in strengthening judicial and security institutions in compliance with the norms and principles of the rule of law, and to improve the effectiveness of police institutions in the prevention of violence, insecurity and crime, in order to promote an environment conducive to peace, development and social cohesion. COGINTA has a head office in Geneva and national and regional representations in Belgium, Burkina Faso, Chad, Côte d’Ivoire, Congo, Guinea, Ghana, Mozambique and Niger. The Project “Assistance Measure under the European Peace Facility to support military units trained by the EU Training Mission in Mozambique (ASMOZ)” is financed by the European Union and aims at contributing to the protection of civilians and to restore safety and security in the Cabo Delgado province. In this context, COGINTA is recruiting an Assistant procurement office to support the local and international team of experts for 12 months (renewable) in Maputo.
Roles and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Team Leader, the logistician is in charge of:
- Planning and managing logistics for all activities;
- Carrying out administrative and logistical follow-up for the smooth running of activities (drafting of documents such as mission orders, daily attendance list; requesting quotations; making bookings; etc.);
- Identifying and liaising with providers;
- Supporting the Administrative and Financial Manager in purchasing management, administrative monitoring and invoicing of service providers;
- Supervising the use of vehicles (i.e. check logbooks, check monthly fuel consumption, respect the maintenance and upkeep schedule of vehicles, etc.) and overseeing the behaviour of drivers with regard to the safety of vehicles. passengers and the proper use of vehicles;
- Following-up, when necessary, all field trips of the project team members but also EU visits and other partners of Coginta;
- Supporting the Team leader in the organization of the workspace;
- Supporting the Administrative and Financial Manager in the management of the office, the purchase of supplies and equipment;
- Ensuring the physical inventory of fixed assets;
- Ensuring cleanliness and hygiene in the office with the cleaning agent;
- In collaboration with the drivers, ensuring the distribution of mail.
The expected profile for this position is the following:
Qualifications and Competences
- Higher technical diploma in logistic, accounting, administration or similar areas;
- Proven work experience in the area of logistics or administration;
- Experience in vehicle management, maintenance and purchasing;
- Fluent Portuguese and good knowledge of English;
- Practical knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word and Excel);
- Excellent drafting skills;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Ability to multitask and deal with stressful situations;
- Abilities to work in a multicultural environment and to establish good professional relationships with team members.
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in a similar position;
- A previous experience within an NGO or a cooperation project is an asset.
- The knowledge of EU procurement procedures is an asset.
Note: COGINTA’s recruitment policy encourages diversity and equality. It also aims to improve the representation of women within its workforce, female candidates are therefore strongly encouraged.
Status: Fixed-term contract
Contract duration: 12 months renewable
Starting date: May 2022 or as soon as funds are available
How to Apply
How to apply: send you CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline to apply: 5th April 2022