IOM is seeking a Project Assistant. (Reference No. : SVN/MZ10/2021/035)
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Provide assistance in planning and organizing events, trainings, and meetings, and in the day-to-day implementation of the project;
- Write, review, and edit programmatic documents;
- Support the communication efforts of the Programme, taking pictures during event and activities, and editing them to nourish the Programme photo archive;
- Liaise and coordinate with representatives of the national counterpart and implementing partners;
- Assist in monitoring and evaluation processes, including data entry and conducting monitoring visits;
- Produce regular update reports on activities;
- Assist the National Project Officer in monitoring and notifying the Programme Manager of all potential/emerging risks associated with the project;
- Undertake duty travel as required;
- Organize internal and external field visits;
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in Social Sciences, International Relations, Political Science, Communications, or a related field from an accredited academic institution with three years of relevant experience; or
- Completed High school / Secondary school education with five years of relevant experience.
- Experience working with government, international organizations, non-governmental organizations (NGOs) or Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) in complex and changing environment;
- Experience supporting training and capacity building programmes, is desirable;
- Experience working in the UN system is an advantage.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills are required, including the ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Excellent writing and editing skills;
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills. Ability to present clear and concise information is required.
- Fluency in English and Portuguese both written and spoken is required. Working knowledge of any local languages of Cabo Delgado province.
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation;
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, verification of Education certificate and security clearances.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications in ENGLISH, with:
- Cover letter, clearly specify suitability and availability date;
- Detailed curriculum vitae, including skype user ID, phone number, historical salary and minimum three referees (preferably former direct supervisors).
Please submit your application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating your name and the reference code above [Name, SVN/MZ10/2021/035 – Project Assistant-Reissued] as subject. The deadline for applications is 15 March 2022.