Eco Farm Mozambique Lda, located in the district of Chemba, Sofala, MOZAMBIQUE intends to recruit for its staff one Agricultural Operation Manager (m/f) to join the team for full time in the District of Chemba, Locality of Tsoni, Province of Sofala, Mozambique.
Ecofarm is searching for an agricultural operations manager who is ready for their next career step. Reporting directly to the CEO, she or he will be responsible for the daily management of farming operations on 1,600 expanding to 3,000 hectares of irrigated organic sugarcane in a pristine and remote area of Mozambique. The ideal candidate will be attracted by the opportunity to coordinate a team of highly motivated agricultural managers. They will have demonstrated an ability to anticipate risks and pro-actively take early steps to mitigate them. The ideal candidate will have an appreciation for the importance of building up biology in the soils, be passionate about nature and committed to meeting the highest organic and bio-dynamic standards.
The tasks for which the agricultural operations manager is responsible include:
- Proposing and after agreement executing an annual agricultural plan that covers planting, weeding, nutrition & irrigation and harvesting;
- Making on the ground farm equipment and agricultural resource deployment decisions in accordance with the agreed plan;
- Recruiting, motivating, instructing/supervising and evaluating farm workers;
- Ensuring adequate training of personnel including knowledge of pests and diseases;
- Ensuring that accurate agricultural, administrative, health & safety and financial records are kept;
- Developing and Implementing yield improvement strategies;
- Establishing and maintaining A & B sugarcane nurseries and running varietal trials;
- Fire prevention and control
- At a minimum, the candidate should have displayed initiative and resourcefulness during 5 years of directly relevant experience;
- She or he should have a track record of making independent decisions in the areas under her or his responsibility;
- Degree/Diploma in Agricultural field;
- Able to speak fluently English and Portuguese, Sena/Ndau will be advantageous.
How to Apply
Interested parties must submit their applications, accompanied by the Letter of Expression of Interest and the updated CV in English, copy of I.D and academic certificate/diploma, to the email: email@example.com, until 10 March 2022
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
NB: We do emphasis women to also run for this post as well.
Expiration date:March 10, 2022