World Vision is seeking a Gender Equality & Social Inclusion (GESI) and Safeguarding Officer based in Maputo.
The GESI, Safeguarding and CVA Officer, reporting under the Advocacy and External Engagement Division will provide technical support and programmatic integration on gender equality and social inclusion, including for the purposes of program design, development, budgeting, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluating. The incumbent will also oversee the office’s compliance with existing legislation and World Vision-International’s and World Vision-Mozambique’s Child and Adult Safeguarding Policies and protocols, including the management the safeguarding incident component of World Vision International’s Ethics Point system. In Addition, the GESI & Safe Guarding Officer will be responsible for compiling, analyzing and disseminating local level advocacy evidence for policy influence.
Gender and Social Inclusion : 50%
- To develop, jointly with A&EE and Programs, a Gender Strategy for the Office and oversee its implementation;
- Represent WV in national networks and other initiatives as required;
- Provide orientation and training and support to staff with relation to gender based violence approaches;
- To effectively collaborate with local partners to develop and implement local level advocacy strategies/approaches/initiatives related to GESI in line with the office’s National Strategy and Advocacy & Campaign strategic priorities;
- To facilitate trainings and technical support for departments/sectors/projects staff to raise the GESI capacity of all staff and key partners, in accordance with needs identified in capacity assessments and global trends (UN, African Union, donors);
- To provide technical support and guidance to grant and sponsorship staff and programmes so they integrate and apply GESI lens in project implementation;
- To ensure WV Moz’s compliance to WVI GESI policy and other minimum requirements for protection mainstreaming in humanitarian action;
- To facilitate GESI progress reporting;
- To ensure GESI lessons learned and best practices are documented and shared;
- To liaise with international and local NGOs and government authorities to influence and scale;
- To Collect and compile data and share evidence based practices around GESI;
- To identify and provide opportunities, in coordination with People and Culture (P&C), to ensure maintenance of gender-sensitive work environment;
- To explore grant/donors policies and expectations in relation to GESI so as to inform Office’s external engagement plan and commitments.
Citizens Voice & Action/local level advocacy reporting 25%
- To oversee collection, analysis and availability by way of databases and other of CVA and other local level advocacy evidence & citizen driven data for policy influence;
- To support district, provincial and national level staff/sectors so they meet CVA reporting requirements, including in relation to ASM report.
Child and Adult Safeguarding/Child Safe Organization 25%
- To oversee training and orientation of staff in Child and Safeguarding Policy and reporting protocols and mechanisms;
- To ensure office’s compliance with Child and Safeguarding Policy, including Child Safe Organization principles;
- To manage Child and Adult Safeguarding component of Ethics Point as required by Policy and protocols;
- To compile and Submit the annual Safeguarding update report;
- To update the SIPP which is to be overdue by 2022;
- To compile and Submit the Safeguarding Compliance for National Board/AC;
- To develop and Implement the Annual Safeguarding Action Plan;
- In coordination with P&C and other relevant sector / departments lead and Investigate all L3 and L2 related safeguarding;
- IncidentsTo regularly update office’s Child and Adult Safeguarding Policy as per Global Center’s guidance.
- Bachelor’s degree relevant to social science, development, public relations, gender/ inclusion studies;
- 3-5 years of professional experience in gender and inclusion along with relief and/or development field working with local or international NGOs;
- Demonstrated project management skills in working collaboratively with local partners, donors, and international organizations;
- Understanding of development processes and ability to translate technical language into language that is easily understandable by various partners and donors;
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills and networking abilities;
- Experience in project management;
- Ability to manage and negotiate expectations of the diverse stakeholders;
- Manage and support partnerships and projects in a transparent manner towards all the partners and honor partnering commitments and show openness for critical feedback;
- Effective in written and oral communication;
- Ability to speak and write with a high standard of Portuguese and English;
- Computer literacy; good computer skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint as well as database management.
How to Apply