Good Neighbors Mozambique is looking for an Project officer (PO) based in Cabo Delgado.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide support to PM on effective planning, development, management and technical support as needed, which includes oversight of all activities and to ensure that the construction works adhere to technical standards, designs, Bill of Quantities (BoQs), quality, and timeline;
- Work directly with Construction Company and communities to deliver project activities aligned with the work plan and budget.;
- Coordinate and monitor daily supervision and quality control of the construction works and construction company/contractor to build as per stipulated contract terms and conditions. Support PM on compiling detailed progress reports for GNMOZ/GNJP management and other stakeholders, enabling real-time tracking of construction progress;
- Participate in the monthly monitoring visits and/or spot checks jointly by GNMOZ;
- Identify bottlenecks and propose to PM the remedial action, any significant bottleneck identified should be reported to PM as soon as possible to reach targets and deliverables on time;
- Work with stakeholders to ensure all required inputs are timely provided and project schedule is met, (In kind contribution of the partners).
- Degree in Wash related studies (engineering, public health, geology,ect..);
- Further qualification in engineering in development related context preferred;
- Worquing knowledge of English and Portuguese, highly preferably both;
- Familiarity with GIS, data analysis software and water modelling software preferred
- Experience working in water, sanitation and hygiene sector (including water quality testing, design of and technical advice on Gravity-Flown and PV Solar System);
- At least 2 years’ experience with an NGO;
- Experience working in emergency programs;
- Experience developing and conducting training and capacity building of staff and stakeholders;
- LANGUAGES Required: Fluency in English, Portuguese and the local language (both spoken and written).
How to Apply
Qualified candidates are requested to submit a resume, cover letter and other relevant documents through the firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: We encourage applications from people residing in Cabo Delgado, write in the subject: vacancy Name-candidate name.
GNI is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
GNI has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the project, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination.
GNI also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. The selected candidate will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Individuals engaged under a fixed term project or individual contract will not be considered “permanent staff members” and will not be entitled to benefits provided therein.