Aga Khan Academy Maputo is hiring a Music Teacher (MYP/DP).
Music Teacher is a member of the Expressive Arts Department across the Academy and plays an instrumental role in realizing the vision and mission of the network of Academies as articulated by His Highness the Aga Khan.
We will look to the Music Teacher to play a central role in raising the standards of student attainment and achievement in Music, and to monitor, and support student progress.
- Effective delivery of the MYP & Diploma programs:
- Use of a range of monitoring and assessment strategies;
- Contributes to collaborative planning of the MYP/DP curriculum;
- Create an enabling teaching and learning classroom environment;
- Integrates the AK Strands in the teaching and learning process;
- Organization and management of teaching and learning resources.
- Supervision of Internal Assessment, Personal Project and Extended Essay;
- Contribution to the development of enrichment and residential experiences for students.
- Understanding and a commitment to the IB programmes;
- At least 2 years of experience teaching Music at IB MYP and DP Level;
- Strong mastery of subject knowledge, skills, and concepts;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the capacity to interact well and communicate effectively with students, parents, and colleagues within a diverse and pluralistic society;
- A team player with the ability and willingness to develop effective skills and attitudes in other adults, including colleagues;
- Commitment to inspiring and motivate students gain a deeper appreciation for Music;
- Self-starter, able to initiate ideas and act proactively;
- A positive ‘can do’ attitude and the flexibility necessary to thrive in a start up environment;
- Bolster academic attainment at both the MYP and DP, with particular attention being paid to students’ achievement in Music MYP and DP.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- Professional Teaching Qualification.
Valued additional assets
- Master’s degree in related field.
- Understanding and experience of education and educational standards beyond Mozambique.
- Intercultural appreciation and sensitivity.
- Able to appreciate diverse cultural contexts and perspectives and use them to enrich the educational experiences of the students.
- Track record of producing exemplary results at the DP Exams or eAssessment.
- Experience as an examiner/trainer/workshop leader.
- Experience and Technical SkillsPrevious IB teaching (MYP and/or DP).
- Ideally trained as a member of the IB Educator Network.
- Confident in the use of educational technology.
- Other Skills and personal traits.
- Excellent command of English – both written and oral.
- Knowledge and understanding of African cultures is desirable but not essential.