General Purpose of Position:
– Manage the finance team.
– Manage annual budget process, control costs, Capex, debtors, cash flow, Fixed asset register and archiving.
– Ensures that all internal and external reporting requirements are met.
– Responsible for ensuring compliance with local laws and regulations.
– Responsible for effective execution of financial policies and internal controls.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities, Key Responsibilities:
Business and Financial Results Management:
- Management of in-country finance function including management of Foreign Exchange, investment and the borrowing funds and relationships with the banks in conjunction with the Regional Treasury team
- Provide accurate, complete and timely financial reports to all stakeholders
- Provide input into each country’s budgets and monitor budgets to meet company goals
- Seek cost effective ways of achieving company goals
- Review and monitor the vendor service delivery agreements in conjunction with Procurement to ensure the company’s receives value from such contracts
- Proactively participate in Opex and Capex costing tender committees in order to contribute to meeting company objectives in a cost effective manner
- Monitor capital projects to ensure delivery within timelines and without overspend
- Lead the process to find the cost effective and most efficient way to produce a set of financial results through optimum coordination of multi-disciplinary efforts (external audits, internal audits, publishers, IT etc.)
- Ensure that working capital and fixed assets management are recorded, maintained, reconciled and reported upon accurately through effective resource management and monitoring
- Provide thought leadership and input into the development of strategy and structure of the company
- Responsible for sound internal controls and compliance with respect to treasury, credit and procurement processes
- Ensure compliance to all corporate taxes applicable to each company
Stakeholder Relationship Management:
- Interact with direct reports and manager/s and other internal stakeholders in a way that promotes openness and trust and gives them confidence in one’s intentions
- Ensure a customer focused service to internal stakeholders by implementing a system for determining and managing customer needs
- Represent each company to external stakeholders in a way that promotes openness, trust and integrity
- Manage relationships with external stakeholders (eg banks, audit firms) in order to build trust and a conducive environment for negotiating better service rate and terms.
- Deliver annual financial statements on time and at the required level of quality.
- Provide input as respective committees from an Accounting (IFRS), Tax, IFRS and Regulatory perspective.
- Ensure Group performance reporting deadlines and requirements are met.
- Providing financial reports to the business.
- Provide insight into financial performance within validity, accuracy and completeness through implementation of a strong controls environment
- Compile relevant elements of the business review packs by providing the supporting information
- Produce auditable financial statements for the respective reporting periods by developing project plans to achieve the reporting deadlines in compliance with IFRS
- Develop and implement relevant accounting policies in order to produce accurate and complete management accounts on a monthly basis
- Ensure compliance to all the regulatory requirements by keeping abreast of changing regulations and adapting the accounting process within the department accordingly
- Ensure team members understand and support the company’s vision and strategy
- Take accountability for building management expertise in others (management foundation) for team performance and success
- Lead senior recruitment processes to ensure selection contributing to success of team
- Utilise talent management practices to identify and develop future leaders and retain current talent to ensure a pipeline of future leaders and ensure business sustainability
- Ensure self and team members have required skill and professional/ technical expertise by assessing gaps and development areas and creating development plans
- Ensure each direct report has a job profile that with a view of full performance in the job
- Engage and empower direct reports and hold them accountable for business and people management results
- Create performance agreement for direct reports with measurable goals and objectives so that they understand how their performance will be viewed, recognised and rewarded
- Conduct performance review sessions with team members to review performance and progress against targets and agree on appropriate action required to meet targets or standards
- Hold direct reports accountable for performance management in their teams
- Engage with reports in such a way that they feel motivated to achieve better performance and respect for diversity in their teams
- Energise the organisation through effective communication, involvement, engagement, learning and best practice sharing
- Professional Accounting qualification – CA with 7 – 10 years post articles or BCom (Masters) with 10 years relevant financial leadership experience
- Seasoned professional with extensive knowledge of financial systems and local legislation.
- Industry experience is an advantage
- Technical IFRS knowledge and application
- Knowledge of applicable tax legislation
- IT Efficiency
- Leadership Skills
- Numeric & Analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills – Microsoft office
- Experience working with Dynamics NAV, Hyperion Financial Management is an advantage
- Ability to work under pressure and under minimal supervision.
- Strong work ethic and ability to effectively communicate financial information to Business leaders as well as to Senior management.
- Hands-on and detail oriented.
- Must be a team player with initiative and demonstrated capability to work in a challenging environment.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Must be deadline driven
Key Relationships and Department Overview:
- Internal – Puma Generals. Puma Regional Finance, IT and Supply. Puma Global Reporting, Credit, Treasury; Business Line Managers.
- External – External auditors, Local banks, Government, Tax authorities, Lawyers,