IOM is looking for two (2) Procurement and Logistics Assistants based in Pemba. (Reference No: SVN/MZ10/2021/056)
Under the overall supervision of the Procurement/Logistics Officer and Resources Management Officer and direct supervision of the Senior Procurement/Logistics Assistant and in close coordination with Head of Office, the incumbent obtains quotations, tendering, purchase and delivery of goods and services, and providing logistics support at the sub office.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Receive, review and process incoming requests from requisitioners confirming sufficient clarity on specifications given for good and services and any other relevant information from requisitioners, particularly from programme managers at the sub office;
- Identify potential vendors, participate in vendor’s appraisals and if suitable register them in PRISM (SAP) system and/or procurement company’ database;
- Assist to implement procurement activities, including obtaining quotations, preparation of evaluation and recommendation, issuance of Purchase Order (PO) or Service Agreement (SA) and delivery of goods/services in accordance to IOM procurement guidelines and ensure that all procurement transactions are done through PRISM (SAP);
- Undertake regular spot check on quality, delivery from selected vendors and also record the level of satisfaction of IOM beneficiaries with the service rendered to together with operations staff and participate in the evaluation of vendor’s performance regularly;
- Report to requisitioner on the status of procurements, including estimated time of delivery and/or any changes which may affect pre-determined delivery conditions. In the event of changes, propose alternatives to mitigate delays in project implementation processes;
- Prepare payment documentation and liaise closely with the finance unit concerning payment of purchased and delivered goods and services;
- Maintain optimal records of all transactions, creating and maintaining an efficient filling system for record of all quotations, copies of records of expenditure, receiving reports, receipts, local order forms, etc. are kept accountable and easily accessible by managers;
- Prepare weekly progress report for all procurement activities and provide brief updates to procurement & logistic officer on overall status of purchases and logistics;
- Act with integrity and professionalism and in accordance with IOM’s Code of Conduct, at all times;
- Perform such other related duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in the relevant field of expertise (Business, Administration, Logistics, Management, etc ) with two years of relevant experience, or;
- Completed High School from an accredited academic institution, with four years of relevant professional experiences
- Good knowledge of, and experience in procurement and logistics, administration and operational;
- Have working experiences in administration, logistics, and procurement, preferably have experiences in procurement and logistics at IOM.
- Ability to prepare clear and concise reports and to analyses and interpret source information and data;
- High level of computer literacy is required, Good knowledge of MS-Office, specifically Microsoft EXCEL;
- Have knowledge and experiences in SAP is an advantangee.
- Fluency in English and Portuguese both oral and written is required.
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation;
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, verification of Education certificate and security clearances.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications in ENGLISH, with:
Cover letter, clearly specify suitability and availability date
Detailed curriculum vitae, including historical salary and minimum three referees (preferably former direct supervisors).
Please submit your application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org , indicating the reference code above (SVN/MZ10/2021/056 – Procurement and Logistics Assistant) as subject. The deadline for applications is 08 December 2021.
IOM does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training or other fee). IOM does not request any information related to bank accounts.
Only applicant who meets the above qualification will be considered.
From 01.12.2021 to 08.12.2021