The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) is seeking an External Engagement Manager to work alongside the Country Director and being a key managerial role in GAIN Mozambique’s leadership team in Maputo, Mozambique.
The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) is a Swiss-based foundation launched at the UN in 2002 to tackle the human suffering caused by malnutrition. Working with both governments and businesses, we aim to transform food systems so that they deliver more nutritious food for all people. In particular, we aim to make healthier food choices more desirable, more available, and more affordable. GAIN’s mission is to advance nutrition outcomes by improving consumption of nutritious and safe food for all people, especially the most vulnerable to malnutrition.
About the Role
The External Engagement Manager will be responsible for fundraising, projects design, donor reporting, developing and implementing GAIN government and external outreach strategy to create awareness of GAIN’s work in Mozambique.
The postholder will also be responsible for understanding and tracking in-country external risks and developing mitigations for these. Some of the role will also involve working with our communications team to develop high quality business cases.
The role rewards exceptional understanding of local and national government in Mozambique, a highly autonomous work style, and the ability to develop strategically advantageous relationships.
Specific Responsibilities include;
- Developing, coordinating, and supervising execution of the External engagement communications strategy in Mozambique and the activities organized across online and offline channels in alignment with GAIN’s priorities, corporate communications and country needs
- Working with the relevant GAIN programs teams and Development Office to finalize GAIN Mozambique’s resource mobilization strategy, with a focus on governments, corporations, and other identifiable donors
- Developing relationships with national and local government officials to improve GAIN’s cooperation with the government and build allies and champions for GAIN
- Identifying possible future risks and areas of non-alignment and work with different teams to implement preventative actions
- Monitoring social media and online media data to ensure that the right messaging around the organization is being delivered
- Liaising with stakeholders and partner organizations, effectively owning routine dialogue on behalf of the Country Director
- Identifying events, meetings and conferences that offer opportunities for networking and external engagement
- You should be a strong communications professional, with substantive experience in, and a track record of strategic external engagement and communications in the development, private and/or public sector, including experience in Mozambique;
- You should be a team player with strong operational acumen (including the ability to rapidly get up-to-speed on GAIN country business plan) & penchant for problem-solving in contexts with a limited pre-existing playbook.
About our Offer
The salary on offer for this role is from USD 33,158 – 37,909 per annum, depending on experience.
GAIN has a fair and competitive salary structure that allows for annual progression subject to good performance. In addition, GAIN offers a total of 37 days holiday per year (including annual leave, public holidays and additional office closure days), an attractive pension scheme and competitive insurance cover including health, travel and life assurance.
We are committed to the health of our staff, especially in these challenging times, and have developed a programme of wellbeing that includes flexible working, additional leave allowances, wellbeing days, mindfulness coaching and access to independent and confidential counselling.
GAIN also has a strong commitment to professional development. We will support you to grow in your career through both formal and informal training, and are committed to providing opportunities through internal recruitment, secondments and promotion. All of this is delivered in a supportive and collaborative environment.
How to Apply
For more detailed information please see the attached job description. To apply, follow the “Apply Now” link.
This advert closes on the 31st December 2021. Early applications are encouraged. GAIN reserves the right to close this advert early should we receive suitable candidates ahead of the closing date.
Applicants must have the existing right to live and work in Mozambique. Please note that GAIN are currently unable to sponsor working visas.
The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition is committed to equality of opportunity and creating an inclusive environment where diversity is valued. We are keen to reflect the diversity of our society at every level within our organisation and therefore welcome applications from talented and committed people from all backgrounds, representing the diverse societies we operate in.
Link to apply: https://bit.ly/3ELDhjs