We are seeking talented Systems Administrator Engineers to be part of our software and technical consulting teams in Africa. If you enjoy systems architecture and systems administration, but at the same time you are keen to support developers on their deployments and automation processes, this is the opportunity you are looking for that will enable you to work with a major Telecom Operator.
- Provide troubleshooting and technical support to customers;
- Installation, maintenance and upgrading of production systems;
- Measure performance and account for growth in the infrastructure;
- Write status reports and effectively communicate the issues and status;
- Design and implement cloud native systems – Infrastructure as Code;
- Design and implement Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) processes;
- Identify, analyze and classify technical problems, correlate possible causes, conduct e effective diagnosis and report issues;
- Drive continuous improvement, in areas such as monitoring, operational task automation, continuous integration, deployments and performance tuning.
- Strong experience with Unix/Linux environments, including administration, troubleshooting and shell scripting (RHCE or comparable certification is valuable);
- Experience in an operations / support role: technical troubleshooting, customer support, network monitoring systems and ticket/incident management, resolution and escalation processes;
- Experience with container technologies and cloud native infrastructures – Including platforms such as Kubernetes, Docker, AWS ECS/EKS/EC2 or other equivalent platforms;
- Experience with systems automation/build tools, such as Jenkins, Ansible, Spinnaker, AWS CodeDeploy or other equivalent tools;
- Good knowledge on configuring and managing DBMS/RDBMS such as MongoDB, AWS DocumentDB, Oracle, Postgresql, etc;
- Good knowledge of cloud systems architecture and their implementation;
- Good knowledge and experience with AWS, GCS/ Anthos and/or Azure is highly valuable (AWS certified solutions certification or comparable certification is desirable);
- Good knowledge and experience with IP networking, switching, firewalls, and load balancers (CCNA or comparable certification is valuable);
- Knowledge on distributed cache systems like Hazelcast, Redis, etc… and event streaming tools as RabbitMQ, Apache Kafka, etc.. is valuable;
- Knowledge and experience implementing systems through Infrastructure as Code – experience on Terraform or Cloud Formation is valuable;
- Must be able to multi-task and work well under pressure;
- Capable of working independently with minimal supervision;
- Capable of prioritizing and managing own workload;
- Fluent in English, at all levels;
- Must have excellent problem solving skills.
- Job Location: Remote work, but must live in Mozambique;
- Position Type: Full-time;
- We offer a competitive compensation package as well as an environment conducive to personal and professional growth.
How to Apply